WEEK 28 – YEAR 3 – MKE: These Decisions Can Increase Your Happiness
Guest Post: Source by Tina Tessina
Image by Caju Gomes from Unsplash
Do you want to learn how to increase your happiness? This article was excerpted from The Ten Smartest Decisions a Woman Can Make After Forty, and is a fabulous start! We all want our decisions to “reflect …deepest aspirations and …fondest dreams”, and considering the five choices shared below is a great framework to work within, regardless of your age or gender.
However, the way we decide to implement these decisions is influenced by our state of mind. If we’re coming from a place of lack and negativity, even if we focus on the worthwhile goals listed below, our results may not be what we intended.
I encourage you to grab a copy of Mindshift – 7-Day Mental Diet and use it to help yourself realize the best outcomes of the decisions you make! The ebook is free and can be accessed using the form at the top of the website or at the end of this article.
Now let’s find out what decisions Tina shares that can increase our Happiness:
When you use smart decisions and self-awareness to shape your life, it will reflect your deepest aspirations and your fondest dreams.
1. Make your life your own. Decide to re-decide. Re-examine your goals and dreams. Don’t just assume that what you wanted yesterday is still the right thing for you. Have your goals and dreams changed? Give yourself the freedom to decide today what you want your life to be about.
2. Make your job a joy. Decide to revitalize your career, or try a new one. Ask yourself if you’re really happy and stimulated with your work. If you’re not, or if you feel unappreciated or frustrated by a lack of advancement, consider a change. Understand the corporate agenda and be realistic about advancement opportunities at your present job. If you feel you need a change, you may be able to move to a different position or department within your company, or you may want to look for a new job entirely. If you stay at your present job, ask for raises and promotions, if you feel that you’ve earned them.
3. Take it to the bank. Decide to secure your financial position. Get out of debt, keep yourself on a budget, invest your money wisely and keep abreast of your financial situation. Many women allow their partners to take care of financial matters, only to find themselves unprepared if they become divorced or widowed. Remember, financial stress is one of the greatest stressors of all.
4. Why are you here? Decide to create meaning in your life. Identify the purpose and meaning of your life and define why you are here on earth. When you understand your purpose in life, losses are easier to bear and all other decisions are easier to make.
5. Share your bounty. Decide to give something back. Donate money or put your talents, skills and experience to use by volunteering for causes you care about. People who volunteer have been found to be happier and healthier than those who don’t. Remember that charity begins at home, so give to your own family, friends and neighbors.
Whatever you choose, if you make smart decisions, the best is yet to come. Using your creativity, and giving back from the wisdom you’ve gained through experience, will enhance your value to others and to yourself.
Laura, this is SUCH a great read! I appreciated reviewing every single tip. I was fortunate enough to have come across that 7-DAY MENTAL DIET you mention, and then accept a scholarship for the Master Key Experience. Over 6-months with the help of a Guide and others going through it who MasterMinded with me, I came up with my personal pivotal needs and my definite major purpose AND NOW MY INNER MOTIVATOR IS ON FIRE! I hope your readers will take that first step.